Thursday, June 15, 2017

Jerusalem International Book Fair

.
Every two years many foreign publishing houses flock to Jerusalem to talk and to exhibit at our International Book Fair.
Yesterday I traveled up to Jerusalem to sample their wares.


You wouldn't know it from the photo, but the pretty Austrian representative is hidden at her desk behind the flowers.
Sometimes, even more than the books, it is the people who leave the nicest and most lasting impression.
I loved hearing her accent in English, and I told her how I loved my month in beautiful Austria.
She gave me a booklet and a big map of the country.


The booth of the Esperanto League in Israel was pretty quiet.


A slideshow of Italy drew me in and made me really really want to go there.




Hopefully these program objectives are clearer in the original Russian.


For the first time ever, the fair took place inside the Hangar next to the First Station.
In previous years the venue was the more solid and impressive International Conference Center (Binyanei HaUma).


I left for my long homeward journey weighted down with four new books, but my wallet was a lot lighter.

More about the Fair in the coming posts.
.

5 comments:

  1. I look forward to more!

    The multinational aspect of all this reminds me of a series of events ongoing here this year at one location by the embassies in the city.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to visit this International Book Fair, Dina !

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and me both, Dina! I don't dare visit such events for fear of breaking my bank. But I love books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish we had book fairs here , like you have there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We used to love going to book fairs in Illinois. sigh... Those were fun days.

    ReplyDelete


Thanks for your comment!
Comment moderation is on so I will see any new comments even on older posts!